I am pleased to announce that my blog SecretMoona has been nominated for the Liebster Award. I have only been in blogosphere for a few months and I am glad that my work is being recognised by my peers already! I started writing this blog as I wanted to share my experiences with others.
Although I am still trying to figure blogging out, I am enjoying every minute of it. When I received my nomination notification, I immediately started looking online for some information about the award. Although Sav’s post was self explanatory, I wanted to find out how and when it was created. What is the Liebster Award and what are the rules? The Liebster Award is a virtual award given to bloggers by other bloggers.
Liebster Award 2017 rules
If you decide to accept the award, you will need to follow these rules – or guidelines if you prefer – in order to keep the chain going.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them
- Display the award on your blog – this can be done by adding it to your post or displaying it by using a “widget”
- Provide 10 random things about yourself
- Nominate 5 or more blogs that you feel deserve the award
- List these rules in your post
Firstly, I would like to thank The Global Aussie for the detailed blogpost about the Liebster Award. It is always useful to have documentation about things you are not sure about.
Secondly, I would like to express my gratitude to Sav at “A Millennial Spirit” for nominating me. I am so thankful that not only she read my blog but sought it was good enough to nominate it, so “Thank You!”. Please have a look at her blog full of savvy financial and saving tips. These are always handy to help you save and plan your next trip.
Get to know me
As the rules of the Liebster Award dictates, I have to tell 10 random things about me. It is always difficult to think about facts about yourself but here goes nothing.
- I am one of 5 siblings.
- I am a Korean TV drama addict. I have in the past spent most of my weekends watching episodes back to back.
- I have never watched a single episode of “Game of Thrones” despite my family or frienda “enticing” me to do so.
- I cannot swim and I have been scared of the water for a while.
- I can speak Japanese.
- I once slept on the beach in Dieppe, France because my friend failed to book our accommodation.
- Even though I grew up in Paris, I have never been on the Eiffel Tower.
- I love eating raw sweet potatoes.
- I love coffee and am known to drink 5 cups a day. I have been meaning to reduce my intake for years, so if you have any tips, let me know.
- I am originally from Mali and grew up in Paris
In her nomination, Sav set out a list of questions she wishes me to answer to. So here are her questions along with my answers.
1. What do you consider to be your ultimate goal with blogging?
My goal is to offer a site of reference for people travelling all around the world.
2. How has the blogging community influenced you?
I have always loved traveling but actually never thought about creating a blog about it. I used to read the blog of Tokyobanhbao and dream about travelling to the places I was reading about. I loved her writing and creative skills. So when i finalised decided to jump and start my blog, I took inspiration from her. I also like the fact that experienced bloggers are always on hand to answer questions, no matter how silly!
3. What do you think is the most crucial thing a blogger needs (could be a product or a trait) to succeed?
I think a good writing skill is necessary to succeed. Anyone can write but if no one can understand your writing or can relate to what you are writing about then it will difficult for people to engage or want to come back and read your posts.
4. What is the biggest challenge you feel you’ve overcome with blogging and how did you overcome it?
I have not been in the game for long to have overcome anything. However, I believe the biggest challenge I will have to overcome one day is the feeling of blogging to oneself. I will have this feeling I suppose until I find my audience. It’s still work in progress and it will take time but I am up for the challenge.
5. Do you feel like your other job(s)/life ever impede your progress with blogging? If yes, how do you handle those distractions?
It’s hard to work and be as productive on a blog when you have a 9 to 5 job. However I try to find the time to juggle all by planning ahead. Having said that most of the time things don’t go as planned.
6. What is the most important thing you’ve learned from blogging?
Perseverance, things don’t come that easy. You have to work hard to promote your blog for the traffic to increase. I am still learning.
7. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I have always been a fan of Japan so I would go there and discover even more places.
8. Do you have any pets to keep you company in your blogging work (and if you do, feel free to post pics)?
No I don’t but I would love to have a cat that I would name Nori.
Congratulations to all, I love all your blogs, keep up the good work!
Seeking the Spanish Sun – who doesn’t want to seek the sun? With her blog Perri who recently moved to Spain shares her explorations and discoveries of sunny Spain including travel tips.
Travel Stories Untold – Chandrima is passionate about food, fashion, photography and travel and her blog is a testament to that.
The Nomad’s Concierge by Sophie is a blog where you will find personalised tips, hacks and itineraries for busy travelers.
Brieanna’s site Let’s B Carey is all about helping make other people’s journey around the world better and easier.
I have left the last nomination for you to choose. If you know a great blog that deserves a nomination, please let me know and I will get in touch!
My questions for my nominees
- If you were stranded on a desert island what three things would you have to have with you?
- What is the best piece of advice you have been given?
- How do you choose your destinations/locations?
- What is the best city/place you ever visited?
- What is the worst place you have ever been?
- How often do you interact with locals while traveling?
- What do you hope to achieve with your blog by 2018?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is the one tip you like to share with new travelers?
- What is on top of your bucket list?
I look forward to your answers.